Private Student Loan Program
WESTconsin’s private student loan program is an affordable option for members who have exhausted grants, scholarships and federal loan borrowing resources and are looking for additional gap financing. Achieve your educational goals with help from us!
- Interest rate* is based off of the prime rate with a floor of 5.00%
- No closing costs or origination fee
- Minimum loan amount is $1,000
- Maximum annual loan amount is $12,500 for undergraduate loans and $17,500 for graduate
- Tuition, books, and room and board expenses will be disbursed directly to the school
- Up to twelve (12) years loan repayment terms
- Co-signer is not required if the student is creditworthy and of legal borrowing age (co-signers are encouraged to help increase the chance of approval and potentially obtain a lower interest rate)
- Easy and convenient online application, available 24/7
- Representatives from Cology, our program partner, will follow up with you on your loan application
Frequently asked questions
*Interest rates are based on creditworthiness of the student and/or co-signer, adjusted quarterly with a ceiling of 15.00%. Rate tiers are prime plus 2.00% with a floor of 5.00%, or prime plus 2.50% with a floor of 5.50%.
- Student must be a member of WESTconsin Credit Union
- Co-signer/grantor must be a member of WESTconsin Credit Union
- Students must be enrolled at least half-time at an approved school, click here
for our approved school list
- Must be creditworthy
Our private student loan application process makes it convenient to apply anytime from anywhere. It’s easy to apply!
Click here and get started.
If you have already submitted an application, please
to check the status of it.
Private Education Loan Application and Solicitation Disclosure
Federal Direct Student Loans
Effective July 1, 2010, all new federal student loans are issued via the William D. Ford Direct Loan Program with lending through the U.S. Department of Education. For questions or services relating to an existing Federal Family Educational Loan that was previously secured through our credit union, contact Great Lakes Higher Education Corporation (our chosen servicer) at (800) 236-4300 or access your account information online at www.mygreatlakes.com.