Private Student Loans Program
Achieve your educational goals with help from us! Our private student loans program is an affordable option for members who have exhausted grants, scholarships, and federal loan borrowing resources and are looking for additional gap financing.
- Interest rate based off of the prime rate with a floor of 5.00%*
- No closing costs or origination fee
- Minimum loan amount is $1,000
- Maximum annual loan amount of $12,500 for undergraduate student loans and $17,500 for graduate student loans
- Tuition, books, and room and board expenses disbursed directly to the school
- Up to twelve (12) years loan repayment terms
- Co-signer not required if the student is creditworthy and of legal borrowing age
- Co-signers encouraged, to increase the chance of approval and potentially lower the interest rate
- Easy and convenient online application, available 24/7
- Applications for private student loans followed up by representatives from Cology, our program partner
*Interest rates are based on creditworthiness of the student and/or co-signer, adjusted quarterly with a ceiling of 15.00%. Rate tiers are prime plus 2.00% with a floor of 5.00%, or prime plus 2.50% with a floor of 5.50%.
- Student must be a member of WESTconsin Credit Union
- Co-signer/grantor must be a member of WESTconsin Credit Union
- Student must be enrolled at least half-time at an approved school
- Must be creditworthy
Start Your Application
Our online private student loans application makes it convenient to apply anytime from anywhere. It’s fast and easy! Start your application today.
If you have already submitted an application, you can
check the status of your application.
Federal Direct Student Loans
Effective July 1, 2010, all new federal student loans are issued via the William D. Ford Direct Loan Program with lending through the U.S. Department of Education. For questions or services relating to an existing Federal Family Educational Loan that was previously secured through our credit union, contact Great Lakes Higher Education Corporation (our chosen servicer) at (800) 236-4300 or access your account information online at www.mygreatlakes.com.
Get answers to frequently asked questions about private student loans.
Private Education Loan Application and Solicitation Disclosure.