Get Financially Fit! | Start Saving
Posted: April 4, 2016
Financial Literacy Month provides an opportunity for everyone to learn more about their personal finances and take steps to improve their financial picture. This year’s celebration kicked off on April 1, 2016. If you’re looking for a place to start your review of your holistic financial picture, America Saves provides 3 easy ways to assess your current situation and take action to save.
- Saver Checklist Tool – Check off your savings accomplishments to see how you're doing.
- Assess Your Savings Tool – Complete the assessment to see if you are saving adequately, and create a savings plan.
- Pledge to Save – The first step is to take the America Saves Pledge. Once you start saving, it only gets easier. Before you know it, you're on your way to making your dreams into goals, and your goals into reality.
- A bank savings account is the most frequently selected product for saving money among America Saves survey respondents, followed by credit union savings accounts.
- Those under 25 years old were much less likely to select a credit union savings or money market account as one of the savings products they used than those age 35 and older.
- Those under 25 years of age were also more likely to select “safe place at home” as their main savings product.
- More than 60% of respondents reported saving automatically.
- Survey respondents feel the products they use to save help them save, are convenient, are easy to understand, and feel safe.