MEMBER NOTICE | Equifax Cybersecurity Incident
Posted: September 8, 2017
To protect your accounts and credit:
- Regularly review your accounts and statements for unusual activity and report any immediately.
- Put passwords on your accounts for phone transactions.
- If affected, contact the three major credit bureaus and ask to flag any new credit inquiries, place a credit freeze on your record or be contacted when your credit bureau report is accessed.
- Transunion—(800) 916-8800— transunion.com
- Equifax—(800) 685-1111—equifax.com
- Experian—(888) 397-3742—experian.com
- Get a copy of your credit report at least once a year at Free Credit Report at annualcreditreport.com or by calling (877) 322-8288.
- Contact your local Social Security Office for additional guidance if you know your Social Security Number has been compromised.
- Visit our Identity Theft Protection webpage for identity theft resources and victim assistance.