Posted: December 1, 2017
- Bake cookies and share them with a neighbor. —Melissa S.
- Meet your garbage collector with a cup of hot coffee, tea or cocoa and a muffin or scone. —Gail R.
- Offer to wrap or help wrap Christmas gifts for a busy family member, coworker or acquaintance. —Lynn M.
- Start a piggy bank for a cause. —Rebecca P.
- Offer to return someone’s shopping cart to the store.
- Take your dog or cat to visit residents at an area assisted living facility. —Eric N.
- Pay a stranger a compliment. —Colleen Z.
- Pay for the car behind you in the drive–thru. —Kyrah K.
- Return an act of kindness with an act of kindness. —Jamie C.
- Deliver a drink or treat to someone who is stressed about an upcoming speech, interview or workload. —Amanda K.
- Reflect on the memories of those we have lost and perform small acts of kindness in their memory. —Tammy J.
- Leave a bottle of detergent at a laundromat. —George F.
- Buy dessert for someone eating out alone. —Kyrah K.
- Ship a care package to shut-ins or the troops. —Rebecca P.
- Pay for someone’s layaway. —Sandy M.
- Deliver flowers to the nurses’ station at your local hospital—they will know who needs them most. —Jackie B.
- Deliver lunch, cookies or cupcakes to your local fire or police department. —Elaine J.
- Tape a plastic bag of quarters to a washer or dryer at the laundromat. —Kelly W.
- Give a hot drink to the person ringing the Salvation Army bell. —Nancy R.
- Pick up the tab for a random table at a restaurant. —Kyrah K.
- Pay for someone’s groceries behind you in line. —Melody S.
- Volunteer an afternoon at a soup kitchen. —Claire C.
- Pay past due library fees for 5 people and tuck dollar bills in your favorite books. —Polly W.
- Donate coloring books and crayons to the pediatric wing of a hospital. —Ruby P.
- Tape cash or a gift card to a random gas pump. —Tim H.