The safety and security of our members, employees and local communities remains our top priority. Be assured that your funds are safe, and we are here to help in any way we can. We are facing these challenges together, and together we will get through it. Community strong is what we have believed in for the past 80-years, and what we still stand by today.
Please continue to visit this page for important updates. Additionally, ongoing posts will be made to our WESTconsin Facebook page, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts. We highly encourage you to login to WESTconsin Online, or our Mobile App, and view My Settings to ensure your email and other contact information is current so you can receive important communication from us.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time and for your membership!
The Internal Revenue Service and the Treasury Department will begin delivering a third round of Economic Impact Payments as part of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 to millions of Americans. Authorized by the newly enacted COVID-relief legislation, the third round of payments is generally $1,400 for singles and $2,400 for married couples filing a joint return. In addition, those claiming dependents on their tax return will also receive $1,400 for each qualifying dependent.
The IRS emphasizes that there is no action required by eligible individuals to receive this third payment. The IRS reminds taxpayers that the payments are automatic, and they should not contact their financial institutions or the IRS with payment timing questions. If the IRS already has your direct deposit information, you will receive a payment that way. If it does not, you will receive your payment as a check or debit card in the mail.
WESTconsin Credit Union does not determine who receives Economic Impact Payments or when the funds become available to recipients. For FAQs and additional information, please visit https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment.
In response to Governor Evers' Executive Order declaring a public health emergency and requiring face coverings statewide, WESTconsin Credit Union will require face masks be worn when visiting our offices beginning Saturday, August 1. If you should happen to arrive at one of our offices without a mask, we have them available at no cost for visitors.
Services offered through drive-ups, night deposit boxes, ATMs, Online Banking and Mobile App, and Service Center are encouraged to be used as much as possible.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we re-open lobbies. Members entering WESTconsin offices need to prepare on following our safety precautions set in place.
Our safety precautions include:
- Social distancing
- Tabletop acrylic barriers
- Sanitization measures
- Hand sanitizing stations
- Foot door pulls in restrooms
- Restricting usage of water and/or coffee stations
- Minimal printed materials
- Disposable pens
- And more!
In order to keep our employees and community safe, we ask that you do not enter the building if you have been exposed to, or have had any, COVID-19 symptoms within the past 14 days.
Remember, your WESTconsin Credit Union accounts are safe and federally insured up to at least $250,000 through the National Credit Union Administration.
Due to COVID-19, we have placed a temporary suspension on the Regulation D requirements for all savings accounts. Previously, Reg D limited the number of non-signature withdrawals from these accounts, to six per month. Temporarily removing the limitation means that you do not have to worry about exceeding your withdrawal limits and will allow you to access your funds to pay bills or purchase necessities, more frequently.
Regulation D is a federal mandate and may be reinstated at any time.MORE INFORMATION
One thing you can always count on, is the strength that comes from being a community. Because being a community means being here for each other. And when we stick together, we can weather anything that comes our way. That’s a belief we’ve always adhered to at WESTconsin Credit Union. We understand that you may need a short-term or long-term solution depending on your situation. We want to work with each of our members and customize a plan that will work best for you.
Financial Education Tools
GreenPath Financial Counseling (FREE to Members)
- Members can call GreenPath for free financial counseling sessions – develop their budget, review an action plan, etc. Financial counseling sessions continue to be free for our members. GreenPath also provides credit review/education, pre-purchase housing counseling, and foreclosure mitigation counseling for free for our members. Thus, encourage any and all members to call to review their budget and prepare for the unexpected.
Banzai! Free interactive, online financial literacy resources for youth of all ages including video-based demonstrations, calculators and more.
- View account balances and monitor account activity
- Transfer funds and make loan payments
- Deposit checks within our Mobile App
- Pay bills with free Bill Pay
- Access statements and notices with eDocuments
- Reorder checks and view images of cleared checks
- Update your mailing address, email address and phone number
- Access your WESTconsin Visa credit card account
- Apply for a personal loan, mortgage, business loan or a WESTconsin Visa credit card
- Use Shared Access to safely and easily delegate financial management tasks to designated individuals
Beware of Coronavirus scams! Scammers are taking advantage of people’s fears. This includes selling phony products, tricking people into sharing personal information to steal identities, collecting monetary donations through fake charities and more. Be cautious with email, phone calls and letters. Review COVID-19 consumer warnings and safety tips from the Federal Communications Commission.
REMEMBER: REPUTABLE ORGANIZATIONS, SUCH AS THE NATIONAL CREDIT UNION ADMINISTRATION (NCUA), CREDIT UNION NATIONAL ASSOCIATION (CUNA), CARDHOLDER SERVICES AND WESTconsin CREDIT UNION, WILL NEVER CONTACT YOU BY PHONE OR EMAIL TO ASK YOU FOR YOUR PERSONAL OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION.
If you receive a suspicious email, phone call or letter, please do not respond to it and contact the local authorities. If an item appears to come from WESTconsin Credit Union, contact our Service Center at (800) 924-0022 to verify the validity of the inquiry.
The Federal Trade Commission’s website has information on protecting yourself, what to do if you fall victim as well as a sample opt-out letter.
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services is Wisconsin’s governmental authority for helpful information and updates on COVID-19.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is the nation’s health protection agency.
- CDC Travel Advisories provides important travel information updated daily
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Disaster Loan Assistance Small Business Administration that provides disaster assistance information and applications.
WESTconsin’s Corporate Team continues to meet and discuss any guidance of the World Health Organization, Center for Disease Control and Prevention, and state and local health authorities. We will continue to focus our decisions on what is best for our employees, members and communities.