COVID-19 Important Information
As news about COVID-19 continues to develop, WESTconsin Credit Union's Corporate Team is monitoring the situation closely to make decisions that abide with federal and state mandates while we do our best to provide helpful financial services. The safety and security of our members, employees and local communities remains our top priority. Be assured that your funds are safe, and we are here to help in any way we can. We are facing these challenges together, and together we will get through it. Community strong is what we have believed in for the past 80-years, and what we still stand by today.
Update | May 14, 2020
WESTconsin Credit Union continues to set focus on the health and safety of our employees.
At this time, our business operations are remaining the same in place as have been the past several weeks with lobbies closed and drive-ups open. Please continue to visit this page for more information including hours, alternative banking methods and COVID related resources.
As we look further ahead to offices re-opening phases, know that we are working on implementing additional safety precautionary practices in place that follow CDC and state health department guidelines. Our priority is to provide safe, comfortable spaces for both employees and members as we do our best delivering financial transactions and services. More information will be communicated as we get closer to these phases.
Sharing Stories of Kindness
Please continue to visit this page for important updates. Additionally, ongoing posts will be made to our WESTconsin Facebook page, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts. We highly encourage you to login to WESTconsin Online, or our Mobile App, and view My Settings to ensure your email and other contact information is current so you can receive important communication from us.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time and for your membership!
Starting Monday, March 23 until further notice, all WESTconsin drive-ups remain open at our offices; lobbies closed for public access. Ellsworth Office closed with night drop and ATM available.
Hours for all locations (except Ellsworth), including Service Center: Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–5 p.m. (closed Saturdays).
Drive-up transactions, ATMs and night drop services are all available. Safe deposit box access unavailable as lobbies remain closed.
Drive-up window lanes (lane 1) are being used for loan purposes with longer wait times. Please use all other drive-up lanes for faster service.
Online services remain an alternative option for transacting during this timeframe.
Administrative Center building closed until further notice.
Remember, your WESTconsin Credit Union accounts are safe and federally insured up to at least $250,000 through the National Credit Union Administration.
Drive-Up Services Reference
Due to COVID-19, we have placed a temporary suspension on the Regulation D requirements for all savings accounts. Previously, Reg D limited the number of non-signature withdrawals from these accounts, to six per month. Temporarily removing the limitation means that you do not have to worry about exceeding your withdrawal limits and will allow you to access your funds to pay bills or purchase necessities, more frequently.
Regulation D is a federal mandate and may be reinstated at any time.
Visit our Regulation D Information Page for more details.
One thing you can always count on, is the strength that comes from being a community. Because being a community means being here for each other. And when we stick together, we can weather anything that comes our way. That’s a belief we’ve always adhered to at WESTconsin Credit Union. We understand that you may need a short-term or long-term solution depending on your situation. We want to work with each of our members and customize a plan that will work best for you.
Accessing our online application processes for a Personal or Mortgage Loan is the best, quickest option at this time as phone systems are anticipated to be at high levels. Our Business Express Loan can also be accessed online for loan applications requests of $150,000 or less. For other Business Lending needs, please contact one of our Business Loan Officers by phone or email.
Loan Assistance Options
On Friday, March 28, 2020, Congress approved the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, which includes approximately $2 trillion in assistance, designed to provide financial relief to individuals and businesses coping with the unprecedented impact of COVID-19 on our communities.
WESTconsin Credit Union may be able to offer any of the following solutions to business members in need of assistance due to COVID-19. Due to many factors, this will be based on the individual business’s need and eligibility.
- Up to 90 days of deferred payments.
- Up to 180 days of interest only payments.
- COVID-19 Business Loan - An emergency loan option for current members who are impacted by COVID-19 that is a temporary working capital line of credit to cover cash flow shortages for members impacted by COVID-19. Please reach out to your local Business Loan Officer for assistance.
- Partnering with the SBA to offer as many of their lending programs as possible.
- SBA Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) – The U.S. Department of the Treasury has released some information about the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), including an application form. You can find this information here: https://home.treasury.gov/cares.
Due to unprecedented demand, it is anticipated the funds allotted for the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) by the federal government have been exhausted. WESTconsin Credit Union will continue to accept and retain applications for future consideration if legislation is passed that would dedicate additional funding to the Paycheck Protection Program.
To further help you with this process, we have created a helpful checklist of necessary payroll related Items for processing requests and provided a link to the application.
WESTconsin Credit Union is here to assist you as best we can. As we receive more information from the SBA and other government agencies, updates will be made to this page. In the meantime, here are helpful links about these agencies and programs:
Government action that may impact you.
The CARES Act was recently signed into law and includes several provisions aimed at helping Americans stay engaged in the economy through the month of April and help you with your bills. Here are some highlights that may directly impact you:
Economic Impact Payments: Most Americans are eligible to receive an economic impact payment from the government in the next few weeks. These payments are based on your most recent tax filing. Members who are receiving Social Security retirement and disability payments will also receive an ecomonic impact payment. To learn more about these payments and to see if you’re eligible, click here.
If you would like to check the status of your payment, visit https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment.
Unemployment Payments: If you file for unemployment benefits, you can expect an extra $600 per week on top of your normal unemployment benefit for the next 4 months as a result of the CARES Act. The unemployment benefit time period has been increased to 39 weeks.
2019 Tax Information: The IRS has extended the deadline for filing individual and business tax returns, and for making IRA, HSA contributions from April 15, 2020 to July 15, 2020.
This is a great time to remember the ease and convenience of our alternative banking options including direct deposit, ATMs, debit and credit cards, and online and mobile banking. WESTconsin Online and our Mobile App give you the flexibility to bank how, when, and anywhere you want to.
With online or mobile access you can:
- View account balances and monitor account activity
- Transfer funds and make loan payments
- Deposit checks within our Mobile App
- Pay bills with free Bill Pay
- Access statements and notices with eDocuments
- Reorder checks and view images of cleared checks
- Update your mailing address, email address and phone number
- Access your WESTconsin Visa credit card account
- Apply for a personal loan, mortgage, business loan or a WESTconsin Visa credit card
- Use Shared Access to safely and easily delegate financial management tasks to designated individuals
Beware of Coronavirus scams! Scammers are taking advantage of people’s fears. This includes selling phony products, tricking people into sharing personal information to steal identities, collecting monetary donations through fake charities and more. Be cautious with email, phone calls and letters. Review COVID-19 consumer warnings and safety tips from the Federal Communications Commission.
REMEMBER: REPUTABLE ORGANIZATIONS, SUCH AS THE NATIONAL CREDIT UNION ADMINISTRATION (NCUA), CREDIT UNION NATIONAL ASSOCIATION (CUNA), CARDHOLDER SERVICES AND WESTCONSIN CREDIT UNION, WILL NEVER CONTACT YOU BY PHONE OR EMAIL TO ASK YOU FOR YOUR PERSONAL OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION.
If you receive a suspicious email, phone call or letter, please do not respond to it and contact the local authorities. If an item appears to come from WESTconsin Credit Union, contact our Service Center at (800) 924-0022 to verify the validity of the inquiry.
The Federal Trade Commission’s website has information on protecting yourself, what to do if you fall victim as well as a sample opt-out letter.
GreenPath Financial Counseling (FREE to Members)
- Members can call GreenPath for free financial counseling sessions – develop their budget, review an action plan, etc. Financial counseling sessions continue to be free for our members. GreenPath also provides credit review/education, pre-purchase housing counseling, and foreclosure mitigation counseling for free for our members. Thus, encourage any and all members to call to review their budget and prepare for the unexpected.
Banzai! Free interactive, online financial literacy resources for youth of all ages including video-based demonstrations, calculators and more.
WESTconsin’s Corporate Team continues to meet and discuss any guidance of the World Health Organization, Center for Disease Control and Prevention, and state and local health authorities. We will continue to focus our decisions on what is best for our employees, members and communities.
- If you work with one of our Investment Advisors, please call your advisor for assistance.
- If you have a business appointment or a business loan closing, please call your Business Loan Officer.
- If you have a mortgage appointment or a mortgage loan closing, please call your Mortgage Loan Originator.
- If you are working with WESTconsin Realty, please call your agent.
- If you are working with WESTconsin Title Services, please call the Service Center.
- If you have any other scheduled appointment or a loan closing, please call our Service Center.