NEW CREDIT & DEBIT CARD
Thank you for visiting our WESTconsin Debit & Credit Card references and resources page!
Your new credit card will be arriving in the mail and replaces your current WESTconsin credit card. New cards include those for personal, business and the UWRF-Alumni Visa; therefore, households may be receiving more than one mailing depending. When you receive your new credit card, keep it handy. You will not be able to activate the new card until Monday, September 23. Your old card will no longer work beginning September 23!
Thank you for your assistance in this process! We greatly appreciate your business and membership with WESTconsin Credit Union!
We have provided helpful FAQs to answer many questions you may have. If we can be of further support, please call us at (800) 924-0022.
Credit Card FAQs
Why are you doing a card conversion?
- Our card conversion will offer new options and security features that our members have been asking for and will offer a new card design. You will also be able to easily distinguish your personal Platinum Credit Card from your Business Credit Card.
What are some of the new features you’ll be offering?
- We are excited to be able to offer more member-enabled features, additional fraud & security controls, enhanced mobile & online banking options and much more with our new card program. In addition, our new card designs will help you easily identify your personal and/or Business cards.
- Once the cards are all distributed, we will be looking at adding these additional features that members have been requesting.
- We will offer a new UChoose rewards program. All of the offerings are the same as they are today, with the added feature of being able to choose cash back toward your balance (credit).
- Classic Card holders will now have the same card as the Platinum Card holders, and they will all have EMV chip technology.
- For Business: As a second phase to this project, Rewards will be an enhancement to the new card program for businesses.
If I redeem points for cash back toward my balance, can I make a payment with it?
- If you choose to redeem your
UChoose points for cash back toward your balance, you may be able to make a partial or full payment with your points earned, depending on the payment amount due.
When will I receive my new cards?
- You will receive your new Credit Card by the middle of September. We are working out the specific details of the reissue to lessen impact to our members, as well as to ensure security and fraud are top-of-mind during this reissue.
- To ensure that you receive your card, please verify online or on your statement that your address is updated and accurate.
- If you have not received your credit card by September 19th, call our Service Center at (800) 924-0022.
Will my card number be the same as my old card number?
- No, your card number will change and if there is an authorized user or signer, they will now have a unique card number as well. This allows for security features on each card, not the whole account. When fraud occurs, it is usually from one specific card number, so having unique card numbers will allow for more access to your funds at all times, if there are multiple owners/users.
- If you have reoccurring payments, please contact all merchants with your new card number, expiration date, and CVV code to avoid any interruption in service you may have with them.
- For Business: Shared credit limits will remain, however, a unique number will be assigned to each user.
I am not going to be at my usual address around the time my cards are scheduled to arrive (Early September) – either on vacation or moving- I am concerned about how I will get my new cards and if my old ones will stop working. What can I do to make sure my cards get to me?
- If you are moving and know your new address you will be at in August, it is best to change your address with us to ensure your cards make it to you in a timely manner. You can change your address with us by logging in to your account online, via the mobile app, by calling us at (800) 924-0022, or by stopping in to any of our local offices.
- If you will be on vacation for a short period of time, in order to use your Credit Card you will need to bring your new card with you, and activate it on September 23rd. VISA 911 will be able to rush a card when you are on your vacation. We recommend bringing along an alternate form of payment as well.
- If you are on an extended vacation/studying abroad or deployed, it is best to change your address with us to ensure you receive your cards in a timely manner. You can change your address with us by logging in to your account online, via the mobile app, by calling us at (800) 924-0022, or by stopping into any of our local offices.
- For Business: All business cards will be sent to the business address on file.
Will each owner get the card mailed separately or together?
- All cards will be mailed separately to the primary address on file.
- For Business: all cards will be mailed to the business address on file.
What will my new card look like?
- We are excited to announce that we’ll have a new design for all of our credit cards. You will be able to easily distinguish your Personal and/or Business credit cards.
- All the new cards will have flat printing and will no longer be embossed. It is easier to read, helps with card longevity, and also provides more security to our members when cards are sent through the mail. Raised lettering has more potential to be detected through an envelope.
Do I need to activate my new card?
- Yes, members will be required to activate their cards prior to use, however, you will not be able to activate it before your old card is deactivated. What this means to you is September 23rd is the soonest you can activate your new card(s). Your old card will be deactivated around 5 a.m. on September 23rd, and then you can activate and start using your new card at that time. NOTE: Your new card will not be able to be activated until after your old card is shutdown on September 23rd. You may call from any phone line to activate and need not call from the number we have on file. If you are needing to set a PIN however, you will need to be calling from a number on file. Each card holder will now need to be activate their card.
- For Business: Yes, Remember to have the cardholder enter the last 4 numbers of their own SSN, NOT the Primary’s or the business TIN.
Will I need to change my PIN with the new Credit Card?
- If you are wanting to utilize a PIN with your transactions, you will need to create a PIN by calling the Activation/PIN reset line @ 1-855-651-7829.
- To create or change a PIN at any time, you will need to be calling from a phone number WESTconsin has on file.
- You will not be assigned a new PIN automatically, as you have been accustomed to. You will need to call to set/reset your PIN from a number on file.
My old WESTconsin credit card does not expire for a while. Can I just use my old card until it expires?
- Unfortunately, no. Your old credit card will stop working on September 23rd, and you will need to activate and start using your new credit card that same day and going forward.
Will I be able to get a card printed in the office if I lose mine?
- Unfortunately, no. We do not currently have an instant issue option for Credit Cards. A new card will need to be ordered in the event that your card is lost. The good news is that if you have an authorized user/signer and they have a card, they will still have access to the funds as only your unique card number will need to be shut down.
Do I need to call to status my travel?
- You will no longer need to notify us of domestic travel plans. You will however, need to continue to notify us when using your Credit Card outside of the United States.
How will I receive support after hours?
- You can call 1-855-651-7829 anytime for card support within the United States. Outside the United States call 1-301-837-8451. They are a full-service call center and will be able to support your questions regarding your VISA credit card. These numbers are located on the back of the card.
Will there be any changes to the CU Rewards for my credit card?
- CU Rewards will now be called UChoose Rewards. Your current points will convert to the new rewards program. You will keep your current points and will be able to redeem them for Gift Cards, Merchandise, Travel, and the opportunity to receive cash back that can be applied to your balance or toward you monthly minimum payment due. Points from your previous card number will transfer and stop accruing from the previous vendor on September 19th, 2019. The new vendor will start accruing your points as of September 20th, 2019 and all the points will be reflected on your October 18th, 2019 statement. Members can redeem their points from the old rewards program until September 19th, 2019.
- Point redemption will be unavailable from September 20th through September 27th, 2019. You will be able to resume redeeming your points again with the new UChoose rewards program, beginning on September 30th.
- Your previous points accrued prior to September 20th, 2019 will be eligible for cash back toward your statement option. This is a new feature with our new rewards program.
Will there be any fee changes?
- No, this conversion will not affect any fees associated with your account.
I just received a credit card because mine expired, was damaged or had fraud on it. Will I still be receiving another credit card in September?
- Yes, in order to have access to your Credit line, you will need to use your newly redesigned card that you receive in September.
When will my old card stop working?
- You will be able to use the current card until the early morning of September 23rd. You will then need to activate your new card with your new card number, on that same day once the old card is deactivated.
- Your old card will deactivate and your new card will need to be activated on the same day, September 23rd.
- All old cards will stop working as of September 23, 2019.
How will I receive my statements for August and September?
- Paper statements will be mailed in August and September, even if you have elected to receive E-statements. E-statements for September will NOT be available as the statements will only be mailed to members. Your September statement will be produced on September 24th. Statements will then go back to being produced on the 18th of the month beginning with the October 18th statement.
Will my due date change?
- The payment due date will continue to be the 15th of the month. Statements will generate on the 18th of the month.
Will I need to re-sign up for e-statements?
- No, you will not need to reenroll if you are currently enrolled.
What if I send my payment to the old payment address?
- That payment will be forwarded to the new card vendor to be processed. There could be a delay if sent to the previous address, we will work with you to resolve any issues/concerns and ensure the payments get posted as intended.
How do I access my Credit Card online?
- You will do that the same way you do today, by logging into your account and selecting your Credit Card, you will be directed to the new Credit Card platform. From here you will be able to make payments, view transactions, set up or change payment schedules, and view statements electronically if you have enrolled. This will not include access to your previous statements. We encourage you to download them from the current credit card site.
- For Business: More information on how you will be able to control your cards online will be available when the cards are mailed out.
How do I make a payment to my CC?
- You will be able to make the payments to your Credit Card as you do today. Payments made after 4pm CST on September 18th, 2019 will be posted to your account by end of day on September 24th, 2019. Any payment made after 4pm CST on September 18th through September 24th, 2019 will not be reflected to your available funds on your credit card until they payment is applied on September 24th.
Will Online be down during the conversion?
- Credit Card site will not be available September 22nd or September 23rd.
Will this affect any other online banking services?
- Scheduled reoccurring transfer function within online banking will be down on September 22nd and September 23rd for all members. Any transfers scheduled before this date will take place, however you will not be able to set up any new, or change any existing, reoccurring transfers during this time.
Who will receive statements?
- Statements will be sent to the primary owner of the account.
- For Business: statements will be sent to the business address.