Auto Loan FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions about WESTconsin Auto Loans can be found below. If you don't see an answer to your question contact us and we'd be happy to help!
What Information is helpful to have prepared to complete my auto loan?
When applying for a loan with WESTconsin it is helpful to have the following items handy
- Your member number
- Social Security Number, date of birth, employment, and income (hourly rate or annual salary) information
- For Wisconsin Residents who are married: We include both parties’ information on our loan applications in marital property states so having spousal information available expedites your process
- If you have a vehicle already selected, we collect the following information:
- Year, Make, Model and Miles
- Sales Price
- VIN (if available)
- If no vehicle is selected, we can run through a “pre-approval”
How can being preapproved help me when I’m vehicle shopping?
Being preapproved helps you focus on negotiating the best price, knowing that you won’t be surprised when you close the deal. Plus, dealers tend to take people more seriously when they come in with preapproved financing because it means you’re ready to do business and not just window shopping.
How fast can I be approved for a vehicle loan? Will funds be available same day?
In many cases, your funds may be available the same day. We understand that sometimes the vehicle-buying process is urgent. Our loan specialists will answer your questions and help expedite the simple application and approval process.
Can I pay off my loan quicker than the payment schedule?
Yes. At WESTconsin, there are no prepayment penalties for paying off your loan faster than your payment schedule. In fact, it’s a great way to save on interest over the long run.
Do you offer a debt protection plan?
Yes, we offer a debt protection benefit plan in the event of death, disability or involuntary unemployment. Learn more or speak to your loan specialist for additional details.