WESTconsin Credit Union helps you stay ahead of fraudulent activity on your debit or credit card with our Fraud Text Alerts program. If you have a WESTconsin Credit Union debit or credit card and a phone number on record, you will automatically become enrolled in our Fraud Text Alerts program. There is no cost to join and no enrollment process, just one more layer of security to keep you protected from potential fraud!
What We Monitor
Debit and credit card transactions are monitored for three general inconsistencies in your purchases – those made outside of a member’s normal purchasing pattern, use of the card at an unusual time or geographic location, or purchasing patterns that are consistent with previously identified fraud threats.
How We Contact You
If there is suspected fraud on your account, the type of contact you receive from WESTconsin may vary depending on the type of phone numbers we have on file. If a mobile phone number is documented, you will receive a text message. If not, a voice message will be sent.
The valid numbers that will appear on your caller ID:
- Text Message: 37268
- Phone Call: (844) 682-4502 or (877) 253-8964
You may want to add these numbers to your contacts to ensure any message you receive is from the WESTconsin Credit Union Fraud Department.
Receiving A Text Message
- The text message will arrive with a 5-digit code (number) and contain our financial institution name, dollar amount of the transaction, and merchant name.
- Texts will be sent within minutes of a suspicious transaction occurring between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. Outside of these times, to avoid disturbing you during the night, your card may be blocked, and you will receive contact in the morning.
- If the transaction is legitimate, you should reply “Yes” to the text message. You will receive a confirmation text message and can continue to use your card with confidence.
- If you do not authorize the transaction, reply “NO.” You will receive a confirmation text message and you will be asked to contact a fraud specialist to protect your account. If this event occurs, please call WESTconsin Credit Union as soon as possible.
- Do not reply to any text message with any personal or confidential financial information.
Enrollment in fraud alerts is automatic for all debit and credit card users. If you have a cellphone number on file, you will receive a notification via text whenever a potentially fraudulent transaction occurs. If you receive a text message alert, and wish to Opt Out, reply STOP. If you wish to receive potential fraud alerts via text message and are uncertain if your cell phone number is on file, please contact the WESTconsin Service Center at (800) 924-0022 or update your information on WESTconsin Online.
WESTconsin Credit Union will never call, text, or email you requesting your personal information, including card numbers, passwords, or PIN. If you receive a suspicious phone call or email asking for your personal or confidential information, do not respond. Immediately contact WESTconsin at (800) 924-0022.