Help Preserve Your Standard of Living
Whether you are taking out a loan to make home improvements or buy a vehicle, you should take steps to protect you and your family in case something unforeseen happens. Life events can cause financial hardship, making bill-paying difficult. Payment protection could protect you and your family, by canceling your loan payment(s) or balance, up to the contract maximums, if a protected life event occurs.
Help play it safe
WESTconsin Credit Union’s Payment Protection is an optional loan-payment protection product that is designed to help you get relief from loan payments if a protected life event unexpectedly happens to you. Simple eligibility requirements help ease the sign-up process.
Protection that matters
If a protected life event happens to you and you have a protected loan, Payment Protection could cancel your loan payments, up to the contract maximums—helping to lessen your worries, and your family’s worries, about paying loans during a time when your income may be reduced or lost and paying other household bills becomes challenging. We offer three options designed to provide the peace of mind that comes with knowing your loan’s protected:
- Life / Life Plus*
- Involuntary unemployment
Did you know?
- About 1 in 9 of today’s 20-year-olds will die before reaching age 67.1
- Just over 1 in 4 of today’s 20-year-olds will become disabled before reaching age 67.1
- 70.04% of adults would find it difficult to meet current financial obligations if their paycheck were delayed for a week. 2
File a claim
Contact your local credit union office. We will assist you by initiating the claim with CUNA Mutual Group.
* Contact your Loan Specialist for additional Life Plus protected events.
- Social Security Administration, Fact Sheet, April 2018
- 2018 Getting Paid in America Survey, American Payroll Association (2018)
Your purchase of Payment Protection is optional and will not affect your application for credit or the terms of any credit agreement required to obtain a loan. Certain eligibility requirements, conditions, and exclusions may apply. Please contact your loan specialist or refer to the Member Agreement for a full explanation of the terms of Payment Protection. You may cancel the protection at any time. If you cancel protection within 30 days, you will receive a full refund of any fee paid.