Looking for a higher rate of return with a secure investment? Share Certificates may be a good fit for you! Certificates allow you to earn a higher rate of return than a typical savings account, and are available in a variety of terms from 3 to 60 months.
- Guaranteed rate of return for a fixed period of time
- Minimum deposit is $1,000 or $5,000 (depending on certificate), or $500 if age 16 or younger
- Funds insured up to at least $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA)
- Great dividend rates, which become even better with Membership Value Pricing status
At maturity, choose from the following options:
- Automatically renew principal and dividends for the same term at the prevailing rate at the time of renewal
- Withdraw dividend earnings and renew principal
- Reinvest the certificate in another type of investment
- Cash in the entire certificate (there is a penalty for early withdrawal of funds from the certificate)
Open a WESTconsin Step-Up Certificate and we'll reward you with special benefits! You'll get a great rate and some flexibility. After your initial $5,000 deposit into this 36-month certificate, you can make additional deposits of at least $1,000 anytime, increase the rate on the certificate one time, and make a one-time withdrawal of up to 50% of the original amount of the certificate without penalty.