Financial Education With WESTconsin
WESTconsin Credit Union offers valuable information and tools through a variety of methods to help you and your family gain financial success.
- GreenPath Financial Wellness—free money management services available for WESTconsin members
- Anytime Advisor—topics range from budgeting for your first home purchase to planning for your retirement
- Banzai!—Online financial literacy for everyone
WESTconsin offers a variety of programs ranging from real estate seminars, open house events, community fundraising meetings, and more. Most of the offerings are free and open to the public to participate.
Online registrations available by clicking here.
WESTconsin’s friendly, professional and knowledgeable staff is also equipped to provide financial education in western Wisconsin for our members and their communities. If you are interested in gathering topical information or scheduling a guest speaker, please contact your local WESTconsin office and those arrangements will be coordinated. Not only will we develop a specialized presentation given your interests and needs, we’ll work with you regarding preferred delivery method.
Below is a listing of some of the more common subject areas that we can help you with:
- Balancing a checkbook
- Budgeting—developing & balancing a budget; money management; debt consolidation
- Credit—the importance of credit; establishing good credit; overcoming bad credit
- Credit and debit cards—differences between; responsible use; rates and fees
- Identity theft and fraud—what to look for; preventative measures; what to do if it happens to you
- Real estate—home buying & selling; financing or refinancing; special programs; credit's impact
- Saving—establishing good practices; quick tips for both kids and adults; saving for college; saving for retirement
- The credit union difference
- Money management