2018 Tax Information
Have questions regarding your tax information? Start here!
Please note, 1099-INT tax statements are only mailed to members who earn $10 or more in combined interest during the year.
- 2018 Interest and dividend information is located on the December 2018 statement; these can be re-printed for you in any of our offices for $3
When will I receive my forms?
- 1099 and 1098 forms will be mailed no later than January 31
- 1009-R HSA and IRA forms will be mailed no later than January 31
- 5498 HSA and IRA contribution forms are mailed out no later than May 31
- For a complete list of forms and details visit irs.gov
Why didn’t I receive a form in the mail?
- If you earned less than $10 in dividends on your accounts in a tax year, you will not receive a 1099 tax form. Dividends earned can be found on your December 2018 statement. Please see a tax advisor for assistance.
- If you are enrolled in eDocuments, your tax forms will be available through WESTconsin Online. No paper form will be mailed. If you are unable to retrieve your electronic version of the form, you can stop in or call your local office.
- If you do not receive a tax form by February 15, please contact us to request another copy.
Finding Your Tax Information Online
For members enrolled in eDocuments, your IRS tax statements 1099 and 1098 will be available by January 31
- Login to WESTconsin Online
- Click on Additional Services
- Click on eDocuments
- Select the tax form you would like to view
Where is my refund?
- The date in which funds from a pending deposit are made available into your account is determined by the originating company processing the deposit.
- To check the status of your tax refund, visit irs.gov/refunds or call the IRS’s Refund Hotline at (800) 829-1954.
- If your account number is incorrect, it may be rejected and then the IRS will issue your tax refund as a check instead of attempting to deposit your funds electronically again.
Know Your Numbers
When setting up Direct Deposit, electronic payments or electronic tax refunds, you’ll need to know certain numbers pertinent to your checking account.
- WESTconsin Credit Union’s Routing Number: 291880589
- Member Number: Membership Savings Account Number (base number without any suffixes)
- Checking Account Number: 10 digits found on the bottom of your check (see image)
Don’t have checks for your checking account and unsure of your account number? Just give us a call at your local WESTconsin phone number or (800) 924-0022.
TAX PREPARATION HELP for 2018
- WESTconsin Credit Union will no longer be hosting the AARP Tax Program in Menomonie. Contact the Aging and Disability Resource Center of Dunn County at (715) 232-4006.
- WESTconsin members can access Turbo Tax through WESTconsin Online, click on My Turbo Tax