2019 Tax Information
Have questions regarding your tax information? Start here!
Please note: 1099-INT tax statements are only mailed to members who earn $10 or more in combined interest during the year. Only Primary Account Owner(s) will receive tax forms.
- 2019 Interest and dividend information is located on the December 2019 statement; these can be re-printed for you in any of our offices for $3
When will I receive my forms?
- 1099 and 1098 forms will be mailed no later than January 31
- 1098, Box 2, Outstanding Mortgage Principal. Review the 1098 form for a full explanation by the IRS. Box 2 shows the outstanding principal on the mortgage as of January 1, 2019. If the mortgage originated in 2019, shows the mortgage principal as of the date of origination.
- 1099-R (IRA) and 1099-SA (HSA) forms will be mailed no later than January 31
- 5498 IRA and 5498-SA HSA contribution forms are mailed out no later than May 31
- For a complete list of forms and details visit irs.gov
Why didn’t I receive a form in the mail?
- If you earned less than $10 in dividends on your accounts in a tax year, you will not receive a 1099 tax form. Dividends earned can be found on your December 2019 statement. Please see a tax advisor for assistance.
- If you are enrolled in eDocuments, your tax forms will be available through WESTconsin Online. No paper form will be mailed. If you are unable to retrieve your electronic version of the form, you can stop in or call your local office.
- If you do not receive a tax form by February 22, please contact us to request another copy.
Finding Your Tax Information Online
For members enrolled in eDocuments, your 1099 and 1098 forms will be available by January 31
- Login to WESTconsin Online
- Click ‘eDocuments’
- Click ‘Tax Form’
Or, Login to the Mobile App
- Tap ‘More’
- Tap ‘eDocuments’
- Tap menu icon next to ‘Account Statement’
- Tap ‘Tax Form’
Where is my refund?
- The date in which funds from a pending deposit are made available in your account is determined by the originating company sending the deposit. The funds will be deposited on that specific date and are not able to be released early.
- To check the status of your federal tax refund, visit irs.gov/refunds or call the IRS’s Refund Hotline at (800) 829-1954.
- To check the status of your Wisconsin tax refund, visit https://www.revenue.wi.gov/Pages/Apps/TaxReturnStatus.aspx or call (866) 947-7363
- To check the status of your Minnesota tax refund, visit https://www.revenue.state.mn.us/wheres-my-refund or call (800) 657-3676
Know Your Numbers
When setting up Direct Deposit, electronic payments or electronic tax refunds, you’ll need to know certain numbers pertinent to your account. If you use an invalid or incorrect account number for electronic deposit of your tax refund it may be rejected and then the IRS will issue your tax refund as a check instead of attempting to deposit your funds electronically again.
- WESTconsin Credit Union’s Routing Number: 291880589
- For SAVINGS: simply use your member account number – do not add a suffix or any extra digits before or after
- For CHECKING: 10-digit account number found on the bottom of your check (see image)
Don’t have checks for your checking account and unsure of your account number? For more information please go to our Routing & Account Numbers page.
TAX PREPARATION HELP for 2020
- WESTconsin Credit Union will no longer be hosting the AARP Tax Program in Menomonie. Contact the Aging and Disability Resource Center of Dunn County at (715) 232-4006.
- WESTconsin members can access Turbo Tax through WESTconsin Online, click on My Turbo Tax